A few weeks after my sugar shack visit, I’m trying to find interesting ways to use up my stash of maple syrup. And I came up with this, in seven easy steps:
1) Cut up a butternut squash in cubes. Slather in olive oil in a roasting pan and drizzle some maple syrup on top.
2) Roast on High in the broiler for about 30-40 minutes. The maple syrup will caramelize the squash into heavenly bits for your couscous salad!
3) Remove from pan and place the cubes in a serving dish.
4) Finely mince some parsley and mix in with the squash.
5) Boil some water and pour in the roasting pan to pick up any left-over juices and syrup.
6) Sprinkle in the right amount of couscous.
7) Mix the couscous with the squash and parsley. Salt and Pepper. That’s it!